Abby said 9 years, 2 months ago:

I decided to go on a week break with my boyfriend because he recently started not talking to me. This is a huge problem because we’re long distance and I just couldn’t do it. I’m also simultaneously getting harassed by another boy at school and having no one there for me just really started setting me off. I broke it off with my boyfriend on friday but I haven’t been sleeping at all. I feel so alone and I don’t know what to do. I don’t want to talk to him about how I feel because he honestly doesn’t care. I was having an anxiety attack because he just stopped talking to me and he just started screaming at me and telling me how he doesn’t care. I just feel like I’ve been putting a lot more into this relationship than he has been giving and I don’t really feel loved. I have been there all through his depression and now that he’s on his medication, he stopped caring completely and gets frustrated with me over my anxiety. I’m always put last. Even before this. I always get him gifts on Christmas, Valentine’s day, his birthday, etc. I never get anything from him. We’ve been dating for a year. I just want to feel loved. I’d be happy with a store bought card. Am I being selfish? I just miss how much he used to care and I’m afraid that this break isn’t effecting him at all. I’m literally dying inside because I’m so lonely and I just keep thinking about how he just stopped caring. I spent so much time making him feel loved and better and he just leaves me all day. How do I make it through this week? What do I do? I’m so lost. I’m sorry for being a drama queen. I just don’t have anyone else.

rinseandrep said 9 years, 2 months ago:

No, you don’t sound selfish, you sound like you decided that you deserve better, and you do. Someone who cares is not asking for the moon, it’s reasonable. His problems aren’t an excuse to not care.

Go one day at the time, do nice things and be around supportive people who can distract you or help you take care of yourself.

ahraja said 9 years, 2 months ago:

I believe rinse is right. Caring is probably the least expected from a boyfriend or girlfriend. Don’t worry if it’s affecting him or not. Start over, a day at a time.

Connect with friends. If having a hard time, find a community that can support you.

Panda said 9 years, 2 months ago:

I’m not quite sure anything I say could change your perception on your boyfriend.

However, as you did write a sincere post. I’d like to give my two cents :)

I truly believe that people will only change when they see a reason to change. So long as a person doesn’t see a reason to change, they will never change.

You need to sit him down and have a conversation, truly reflect on what’s working and what isn’t.

I think it’s only when you do this that you’ll find respect, therefore what your expecting isn’t selfish. He simply isn’t willing to sit down, and in that case you simply need to move on.

Maybe this helps.
Take Care.

Abby said 9 years, 1 month ago:

I tried to talk to him about it last Monday and he dumped me. He told me that I was asking too much and all I do is cause him stress and I’m really hurt by this. He kept trying to be my friend afterwards and I don’t understand why. He kept trying to comfort me over it and I yelled at him to leave me alone and now he’s acting like the victim in this entire situation. Like I’m the one who dumped him. I don’t know what he wants and I’m very confused. I want him to leave me alone but he won’t do that. I’ve blocked him on everything but he keeps trying to talk to my friends and getting our mutual friend to tell him how I’m doing and he’s using it against me. I want him to stop. It’s been a week.

Deleted User said 4 years, 11 months ago:

What if there is a need to meet? Then you need to be constantly in sight of a guy, or at least appear from time to time. You can use this technique: turn your eyes toward the young man. It is recommended not to look directly at him, but somewhere nearby. Feeling someone’s look, the guy, of course, looks at the girl. At that moment, when the young man looks at the girl, it is necessary to smile flirtingly, arranging hair with a hand.