foreverfighting23 said 10 years, 7 months ago:

Is there any decent guys out there? I haven’t met any. I’d like a few love stories to get my hopes up, if any of you have them! lol :)

Panda said 10 years, 7 months ago:

@inthefightforever23

I know this is totally unrelated, but it just shows the compatibility that could possibly exist within (Mr.Perfect + Mrs.Perfect). This also happens to be one of my favourite videos :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JvxHPtEsmFc

(◣_◢)Poet said 10 years, 7 months ago:

who needs a guy when you have jesus? amirite?

Panda said 10 years, 7 months ago:

@poet

What can I say? ….

@poet lol I am a christian! It’d just be nice to find an actual decent guy out there thats not interested in…well, sex.

@Amlife100 You just totally made my day, by the way :P

dartra98 said 10 years, 7 months ago:

My trombone (not provocative way) is my boyfriend… lol

(◣_◢)Poet said 10 years, 7 months ago:

@inthefightforever23, i understand that, but you have to know the nature of the beast in your habitat, or you’ll always end up hurt. all men think about sex; even if it doesn’t consume us, we think about it because our nature wants us to, because at our very core, men are worker bees and women are the queen bee. sure in our modern way of life both sexes do many things and perform in many roles, but at our core, this is us, beast of the wild.

my advice is that to never forget our nature, and do not dislike it, as it got us this far. but if you want your relationships to be more than the core of nature, then be patient; take time to really know someone before you let em creep through your window and steal your heart. patience is key, hence why the youth often suck at love, but excel at the extremes of lust.

JustRachel said 10 years, 7 months ago:

Poet, I liked your first post but you kind of lost my affection with your second post.

foreverfighting23, I’m guessing that you’re 23? Just be patient. Patience is a virtue and all good things come to those who wait. Sure, guys think about sex. But so do girls, in a way. Everybody has hormones. You can’t help it.

Just put yourself out there and try to find a nice guy. You’ll find him eventually.

@Poet thanks for the advice
@dartra98 You’re probably smart on that decision lol
@JustRachel Yeah, I understand. It just seems a little hopeless at times. It’s funny, because my parents think I’m absolutly asexual. They set me up on a date last night…sigh.

Deleted User said 10 years, 7 months ago:

You must love yourself in order to love another.
If you have self doubts regarding love or anything else for that matter, those feelings will manifest and you’d likey get a guy who doubts himself or the relationship resulting in a bad experience.

andrewmartlock said 10 years, 7 months ago:

I’m a little bit troubled myself when it comes to what you’re talking about, just about the opposite sex. I feel like all anyone wants anymore is sex, male or female. I’ve tried to be a loving and caring guy, and it never seems to go anywhere. I actually made a post a little while ago describing how I feel about this, I’m sure you could find it easily. I wish I could offer some advice or tell a positive story for you, but I can’t :(
Instead, I figured I’d just post and let you know that you’re not alone in feeling the way you feel

becausemeagan said 10 years, 6 months ago:

lol I have a love story of my own.
I have boyfriend I’ve been dating almost year.
And when we first met I had NO attraction to him.
I just saw friendship and maybe a hook up. But he was so different. He doesn’t drink or party, being 21, that’s what I’m use too. He texted me all the time and he never starts fights. When I’m mad he tries to calm me down. Sometimes we find people when we are not even looking. Sometimes when we want someone, it’s like looking for a needle in the hay stack but as cheesy as this sounds. I think things fall into place when we are ready.

foreverfighting23 said 10 years, 6 months ago:

@ThirdEye I get what your saying, thanks :)
@andrewmartlock Thanks, that helps knowing theres people out there like me :)
@becausemeagan I’m happy for you. Seems like you’ve got a good guy on your hands lol.

radioactive said 10 years, 6 months ago:

Love stories?

I’ve got one.

I met my boyfriend little over four months ago and I had no idea he liked me, only that I liked him. He insisted on taking me to the aquarium to cheer me up as I’d been bogged down with exam prep. It was a fantastic day and he asked me if he could take me to dinner the next night, before bowling with our friends.

I said of course (not knowing it was a date). We had a lovely meal, and after we rush off to meet our friends at the bowling alley. Half way through the first game I get a strike and he comes over and kisses me in front of all our friends, completely startling me.

We started dating the next day and have been inseparable since

becausemeagan said 10 years, 6 months ago:

@foreverfighting23
Thanks yeah, you can be surprised at what you will stumble upon when you dont try.