Margaret said 9 years, 1 month ago:

Ok so I suppose I’m a late bloomer; I’m almost 20, I’ve never dated, I still live at home, and don’t have many friends (even at uni). These facts are great sources of anxiety for me and I was wondering if there are any others who feel like there aren’t exactly were they should be at this point in their lives like me.
I’m just looking for people who feel the same or started out like this, hoping that finding others will help me feel better about my current lot in life. ╮‘︿’╭

emptyocean said 9 years, 1 month ago:

Hey!
Don’t feel alone. You’ve just going someone like you. Yep, were on the same track. I’m 20, supposedly having a job but I didn’t able to graduate. Never ever dated someone (No one even dared to asked) absolutely no boyfriend since birth. I don’t know on what am I going to next.. future’s quite blurry ≧﹏≦

Margaret said 9 years, 1 month ago:

@emptyocean Thank you for your message, if you don’t mind me asking how do you stay positive? My future looks quite blurry as well.

Falconbeard said 9 years, 1 month ago:

This is an issue I’ve faced for a while now as well. It’s difficult feeling behind on things

Falconbeard said 9 years, 1 month ago:

This is an issue I’ve faced for a while now as well. It’s difficult feeling behind on things

emptyocean said 9 years ago:

@margaretpr I’ll be sending you a pm.

Vishvesh said 9 years ago:

Same here, 20,never dated, I still live at home, but I’m comfortable with the few friends I have. The only thing that’s fueling my life now is my passion to Design and develop games. To save yourself,find something which you love or try out new things, eventually you’ll excel in one of them :)

NotSafeForTwerk said 9 years ago:

Oh lord…I relate to this so much. T_T

Hearmenow said 9 years ago:

Hiya love, you’re far from being alone in that. It might as well have been me writing that post.

Something you should try and focus on is what you do have, all the good stuff going on. People often tend to neglect that ( myself included ), it’s easy to get caught up in envy and just feel like you’re forever stuck in this situation. But you’re not, even this face you’re going through right now is only temporary.

Keep your head on straight, and remind yourself how amazing you are and how far you’re going to go. Don’t stress to much, enjoy the college experience. Your life isn’t any less because you don’t have as much experience as others. And trust me, you have plenty of time to get acquainted with everything that is dating and having a relationship.

As for the social aspect, put yourself out there a bit. There are usually a couple of hang outs for students etc. Maybe join a club or a study group with some of your fellow students taking the same classes as yourself. You already have something in common right of the bat.

Oh, and another thing. Don’t be so focused on worrying about what will or haven’t happened, and forget to live. Best of luck to you!

GBWest said 8 years, 11 months ago:

Is 27 too late to be a late-bloomer? Well, either way, 27 here, never been on a date. Asked out about 50 females, all said “no.” Gave up a long time ago.