Jozy said 9 years, 11 months ago:

I’ve pretty much liked this guy ever since I was in middle school since 6th grade. He tried asking if i was free in 6th grade, in a way, but I was super awkward that I left because at the same time I didn’t want to go against my parents because they don’t want me talking to guys. They are super strict. After that incident, I never spoke to him again :( I’m a senior now tho ,in highschool, and I can’t shake the feeling of liking him still. He’s gone out with most of my “friends” or should I say peopleijustseeinschool. I feel as if I hate the fact that I can’t let go of him at all. Now he has a new girlfriend and i’m going to graduate soon in June …as well as him. The girlfriend is nice,friendly,and I dont want to be a homewrecker. Senior year is gonna end, and I want to have closure in knowing that all my regrets are done. I want to talk to him again…tell him everything… but i feel embarrassed ,and at the same time i don’t want to ? How can I let go of someone? :( I feel as tho i will keep liking him forever…. :( i want to not have any regrets or anything….

Cathy said 9 years, 11 months ago:

Once you build such strong feelings for someone it is hard to let go but sometimes its for the best. Otherwise might just get hurt, got to think about yourself you really like him so maybe just need to try talk to him, he has a girlfriend but that doesn’t stop you from being friends with him just be careful with what you say as don’t want to ruin his relationship hes in as that could make what he thinks of you worse.
But whats best is to just try move on it will hurt but it will get easier promise :) try meeting new people, talk to others and keep yourself busy from thinking about him
hope this helps a bit if want to talk feel free to message me :)

Thanks for responding :) I really pray I could motivate myself to move on and keep myself busy. I wonder what I should do in the meantime though? I’m super shy and have this tough outer awkward shell. I just feel like I’m can’t get over him cause I haven’t gone out with him.BUUUUT, I know my time is up with him at the same time…Cuz i have a feeling 100% that he doesnt feel the same way. I just want to get over him…hopefully time will help out as well. I also feel bummed cause I have never had a boyfriend…i feel like i’ll never have one. Loads of insecurites reside within me, that I hate so much. Sorry if im getting you down…I appreciate tho that you’ve responded. Means a lot.<3

sylph-dancer said 9 years, 11 months ago:

Cathy’s right. It’s hard to let go of feelings for someone. I’ve experienced something similar, although of course I’ve never gone through quite exactly what you are, but I understand: it’s hard to let go. Do your best to move on from that time in your life. I know you can do it. And you should eventually try to be friends, even if you’ll never be together.

On the subject of never having a boyfriend … I’ve never exactly had one, either. Of course you can be happy without being in a relationship–don’t worry, I know this–but at the same time, just having that sort of security that someone needs you enough to be put in a higher position in your life feels really good. I wouldn’t worry too much about it–it matters more that you can be happy and stable outside of a relationship than only happy and stable inside of one. Work on making yourself a happier, more secure person first. Someone will come along, I know it.

By the way, trying to be with someone when you’re really insecure is incredibly difficult. I’ve had a grand total of exactly one that lasted about twenty-three hours because everyone else kept calling him a loser. (Yeah. I was THAT person.) He’s still at school and he’s one of the few people I connect with so incredibly well. And he still likes me (as a friend) despite my bout of being a complete and utter jerk to him.

Seriously, I insist that you spend time on yourself so you never have to hurt someone the way I did.

@ sylph-dancer, thank you for replying. :) Yea, im trying to be happy by myself by doing activities that will distract me, such as biking around my neighborhood, finding a good book to read, painting freestyle, dancing crazy around my room, and just trying to look at the bright side of things. Tho it does get hard at some points when my mind changes at night,and thinks of him. And I see him at school every single day. I just feel like I really want to let go of him, like fo real. I haven’t talked to him in a looong time, and im really trying my best to reconnect. But just starting a chat with him is just…really hard to do. I know that i could just say “Hi! What’s up?” or message him on fb saying “Hey, how’s it going? ” or something….but honestly….I feel like if i do happen to talk to him, memories of me liking him so much will flood back. I don’t want to ever ruin the relationship he has with his current gf. She’s very nice, wonderful, and really down to earth. She’s a whole lot better than me to be honest. That’s kinda the reason why i dont want to talk to my crush. HOWEVER, at the same time i do. and im on this “YES or NO” deal in my head and heart. My heart says YES talk to him, but my head says do other things, distract yourself, forget about him. I listen to my head and try to distract myself for the time being….but then my heart busts out and says NO, talk to him so youll have no regrets. I know this was plenty of blah blah blah to read, but i felt like saying whatever was in my mind. To whomever is reading this, thank you for taking the time. I really hope I’ll get through this….

diana said 9 years, 10 months ago:

The first love will always be the one who will feel like it will always be there. Honestly i think you shouldn’t get envolved , but i feel like you really should try to know other people .

Jozy said 9 years, 9 months ago:

@luxyluna Yea im gonna try to meet new people…and try to get over him by doing other things….imma try. It just hurts…..oh man. I know i sound rly childish and its like “my whole life is ahead of me” and whatnot..but….it just hurts that i keep thinking about him…I hope i can be happy again tho. I really hope i can….Thanks for the reply.:)

Deleted User said 9 years, 9 months ago:

Hey, I kinda have the same situation as yours. But uhh, maybe the best way is to find someone more popular for you to love and so that you’ll not get jealous your friends and him. Maybe like going beyond them or something.