Katie said 9 years, 8 months ago:

It’s not that I am having trouble with a current relationship… its just that no one wants to be in a relationship with me, i guess. I don’t really have any close guy friends or anything, but a lot of my friends do.

I just feel kind of… un-loved and ugly. Whenever Im out with my friends (who are a lot prettier than me) all the guys are immediately drawn to them and I just kind of stand there awkwardly, wishing that all these guys would talk to me.

I’m not trying to have a pity party or anything I just need help and advice. What should i do……

kiana. said 9 years, 8 months ago:

Well, first thing’s first. I want you to know that you shouldn’t feel pressured to be in a relationship. They’re a lot of work when they’re done right and it’s certainly worth waiting to find someone who loves and appreciates you and is willing to devote time and energy to that kind of work… versus just rushing into something haphazardly.

Also, I can definitely relate to you when it comes to feeling like “the ugly friend”. I grew up feeling like the odd one out because all of my friends were pretty, dating boys, wearing makeup, while I was struggling to even figure out who I was and I was the only black girl so I felt so estranged from them even though we were friends. I managed to make things a lot easier on myself by avoiding making comparisons of my friends and myself. I love my friends and I know for a fact that they love me, which means we all have great things about ourselves worth loving, you know? It’s all about embracing who you are! It’s one of the hardest things to do but once you learn how to do it, life becomes so much fun because you want the rest of the world to see those things too.

What are some things you DO like about yourself? Also, are your friends nice to you?

TayB14 said 9 years, 7 months ago:

I feel like this all day every day im in a relationship with my boyfriend we’ve been dating for 2yrs now and still to this day I just feel unwanted, unattractive, lonely, miserable, and just ugly but he loves me just the way i am but I think otherwise. Maybe because im to dark or whatever idk I just want to be happy with myself 1st.