PawnPromoter said 11 years, 1 month ago:

When chatting with others it will say “partner is typing” for a long time and nothing appears and the other person usually disconnects. I think this might be because I let others finish typing before speaking myself but if they aren’t typing they’ll think I’m afk or something, leading them to leave. Is anyone else experiencing this?

Deleted User said 11 years, 1 month ago:

Yeah I get that sometimes as well, not sure why it happens so I tend to ignore it now otherwise the same thing happens… You’re sitting there thinking they’re typing, or they think the same, so nobody types and the next think…. gone!

BlahTherapy said 11 years, 1 month ago:

Hello,

This isn’t something that is necessarily a bug, but rather something that should be improved.

Basically, after you’ve sent a message, when your | cursor is still active in the chat input, it assumes the user is typing. Conversely, if you click away from the input box after you’ve sent a message (so that | indication doesn’t show in the field) it will stop the “Partner is typing” notification from displaying to your chatting partner.

Swifting said 11 years, 1 month ago:

Interesting! Thanks for the info!

Angel said 11 years, 1 month ago:

ohh that’s why.. thanks!