Mr. Milquetoast said 9 years, 8 months ago:

I’ve always felt that Call of Duty attracts a lot of ire from people on the internet, most likely because it’s the internet and people on the internet spend a lot of time hating things. The campaigns are basically a joke at this point, the zombies/aliens stuff is very hit or miss, but I have found the multiplayer to be quite fun.

It’s pretty much Mario Party but a shooter in regards to balance. It’s not meant to be taken seriously as that severely kills the fun of it. But if you’ve got a few friends together, some beer and the ability to keep it chill, it’s a nice way to spend a couple of hours online.

What do you all think of Call of Duty? Is it a fun thing that should be embraced, or is it bad and dumb and holding back society or something equally grandiose?

Brook said 9 years, 8 months ago:

I think call of duty went downhill after waw I still play the single players though

DJ Not Nice said 9 years, 8 months ago:

COD is bad for two main reasons:
1. It’s unrealistic.
2. Lots of people play COD. Lots of cunts. These.

I don’t deny that some of the playerbase is pretty bad, but to be fair that argument can be made for almost any game that has a competitive element.

I wouldn’t say it being realistic is a flaw either, plenty of games are unrealistic and it suits them just fine. Call of Duty is unrealistic and it plays that aspect up quite a bit. Realism doesn’t always equal something good, particularly an escape like video games.

Also I have no idea what is in your link but it’s probably pretty bad.

ImnotMatt said 9 years, 8 months ago:

I enjoy playing COD from time to time. I pick the new ones up every year, I don’t play too much though. I get bored quick but it’s a good fun quick-paced shooter to get in and get out quickly.

This guy gets it

The Giggle Blizzard said 9 years, 8 months ago:

@djnotnice COD is bad for two main reasons:
1. It’s unrealistic.
2. Lots of people play COD. Lots of cunts. These.

These are terrible reasons for why CoD is bad! :v

Here’s the deal with CoD. CoD 1 was pretty good, nothing revolutionary, but good, CoD2 was even better and it took away vehicles from multiplayer and narrowed down the maps and basically set the groundworks for the typical Call of Duty multiplayer we know today. Call of Duty 3 I won’t talk about cause I never really played it on anything other than a Wii (lol, right?) but Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare took the series and brought into a near-future setting with a very Tom Clancy-like feeling to it. It added rankups and some customization to the multiplayer. It was a really good game, nothing to kill for but far from bad. World at War was pretty much a WW2-reskinned version of CoD4 and that was all fine, it was pretty good. Modern Warfare 2 took the CoD4 formula and expanded on it with much more customization and killstreaks. In my opinion MW2 overdid it and the campaign was pretty bad compared to MW1, but it still wasn’t bad. Black Ops was very similar, it definitely had a different feel to it and a much better campaign and was in my opinion better – not to mention it made the zombies mode from waw even better.

Then came MW3 which was terrible, PC port locked at like 60 fps, terribly unbalanced and an even worse campaign than MW2. Black Ops 2 I didn’t play enough to judge but I heard it was alright and Ghosts was apparently pretty bad though same there, didn’t play it enough to judge.

Conclusion?: The majority of the CoD games aren’t that bad and the only reason for why it gets so much slack as it does is because it got so big that other companies started trying to appeal to the “CoD-audience” and ultimately made terrible decisions so people who liked those games got mad at the “codification” that went on.

Deleted User said 9 years, 8 months ago:

Those reasons are like listening to my buds defend warcraft or dota or whatever that shit is called.
Whats up with the crazy details lol??
You want to play an amazing game, rated 5 on 5 by all sites, it will get you so immersed and hooked, that you might forgot your own name, its called “LIFE”, I dont know which store you can buy it from, but word on the street is, its got 7 billion users online per minute:)

Tell me more about having a life, man who spends a Saturday evening writing a hilariously smug post about how video games are totally bad.

Video games can be a cool hobby so long as it’s not all you do and you don’t define yourself by it. Some nights after a long work day it’s nice to spend a couple hours playing some chill Call of Duty with your friends, you know?

Shelbs said 9 years, 8 months ago:

I agree with you. Its nice meeting new people (who aren’t jerks) and releasing some stress over somethings thats happened in your day. Do I believe its realistic? Not really but its a game right? It also gives me a way of talking to friends that have moved out of state :) which is really enjoyable when something crazy or funny happens in the game. Should COD make another one ? I dont believe so, there starting to make them it seems to be every year. It’s starting to lose the Wow! factor (not World of Warcraft but wow).

The Giggle Blizzard said 9 years, 8 months ago:

@aristotle Was that a reply to me or something? Btw Warcraft and Dota are two different games.

I love how if you did have a life, you would never take offense to what I said. I never implied cod players do not have a life. Btw, its not saturday evening here too:). So defensive, makes me tingly..
I love how you think I am smug, looking down on your lil computer games, must happen a lot, eeyeah?

I don’t think anybody’s taking any offense, it’s just this is a pretty chill subject and there’s no reason to seem sorta condescending you know?

Is it a fun thing that should be embraced, or is it bad and dumb and holding back society or something equally grandiose?

Its a money maker, coz, idiots like you play it! There is no benefit at all to playing that game, other than smoke a bong, and “chill” with some friends in some virtual reality shooting each other.

Atleast, I get warcraft, its like over complicated chess or something, but, honestly, my point was, not to get a life, but realize, life is better than any game, stop spectating bruh..

I don’t think anyone here is really playing this game to such an extent that they’re missing out on life though. Myself, I pick it up once in a while as a way to connect with some of my buddies. We haven’t always got the time to physically hang out with each other, so this is a nice way to keep up to date with what we’re all up to, all while having fun at the same time.