(◣_◢)Poet said 10 years, 11 months ago:

I wanted to love it, but it was just ok for me. The previous two were better, but its starting to feel like all these Marvel flicks are just setting up more Avengers movies.

The Mandarin thing was a little underwhelming, but it made the other bad guy (whose name escapes me) more genius. I’m wondering what’s gonna happen with Pepper though, she’s all super-human now.

Deleted User said 10 years, 11 months ago:

That’s disappointing news. I loved the first two. Maybe my huge celebrity crush on Robert Downey Jr. will make up for it.. Plus I’ll take most any excuse to eat popcorn and chocolate!

Minora. Just Minora. said 10 years, 11 months ago:

I did love it. This is probably because I love snarky Robert Downey Jr. though. It certainly wasn’t as good as the first, but it could have been worse.

Spoilers for rest of post.

I’m really confused about the ending, though. Is Pepper superhuman? Did Tony stabilize Extremis or did he neutralize it? How did they remove the shrapnel when they couldn’t before?

Also the whole I’mma blow up all my suits and live in peace and harmony with my girlfriend thing would work better as an ending if we didn’t already know Iron Man is in Avengers 2.

Deleted User said 10 years, 11 months ago:

And this would be you :)

photo poettt.jpg

Jemima P. Raine said 10 years, 10 months ago:

Minora, I agree. If he’s going to be in avengers then why is he blowing up his suits? Anyway, I think Marvel is just running out of stories to tell. Have you noticed how they’ve started re-doing some of the old movies? Besides some of the new stories are kinda hard to understand.

Deleted User said 10 years, 10 months ago:

They need to make a proper Punisher movie, get Tom Jane back for a start, maybe kick on from his film.

A Hawkeye movie wouldn’t go amiss either.

Brittbutterfly21 said 10 years, 9 months ago:

I heard it wasn’t that good

Deleted User said 10 years, 9 months ago:

Marvel are not running out of stories to tell. You don’t realize all of the past story arcs to Iron Man, his villains, how he crosses over with the Guardians of the Galaxy, The Avengers and many others? It’s not that they’re running out of stories, they just don’t have people with adequate ability to TELL those stories in movie form. Yes, the Extremis virus was neutralized in pepper, she’s not superhuman anymore, as for the shrapnel in Tony’s chest…I’m not sure how they did it NOW when seemingly they could have long ago. Sure, tony blew up the suits at the end but you’d have to think that he does have some other suits in development or IN MIND that were not part of the clean slate protocol. I.e. The Space Iron Man suit he creates in the comics (apply this to the movie world) to go into space after he learned of the requirements and limits after being the in Space at the end of The Avengers. Also Rhode’s War machine suit didn’t blow up. And yes, Iron Man 3, Thor 2, CaptAm 2 and the Guardians of the Galaxy movie are setups and tie-ins to The Avengers 2.

Ides said 10 years, 9 months ago:

As far as the shrapnel, my only reasoning for that is that it could have been removed long ago, but it had become a part of who Tony Stark was? I don’t know. The clean slate protocol was a nod to Tony trying to put his superhero days behind him for Pepper after she went through such a crazy ordeal. I’m sure in either Guardians of the Galaxy or Avengers 2 he will get a call from someone, have a huge internal conflict and end up flying around in a space suit like nothing happened; after a heart-wrenching kiss and some tears from Pepper who gives him the okay to save the world and what not.

Deleted User said 10 years, 9 months ago:

Haha yeah, I understand what you meant and were saying, Ides. The shrapnel was a duality in his life. A metaphor as a constant problem that he’ll have to face and overcome at some point and a physical reminder how fragile the human body really is and how constantly close he is to dying from them. Mere inches from his heart. Yeah, I get it that it’s an attempt to be more normal and there for Pepper, after she had a taste of being superhuman and experiencing the potential of the suits among other traumatic events, and Tony being knocked down to nearly square one and coming back. If I were him I’d probably be thinking and feeling like “Ugh…enough!” As for potential happenings in Guardians and Avengers 2, that sounds…very likely. Knowing Marvel and Joss Whedon.

Skittles said 10 years, 4 months ago:

There are heaps of stories they could tell but I wanted to throw popcorn and drink at the screen when he threw away his chest reactor core. How dare they fix Iron Man! How dare they!!!!!!! It’s because of Pepper getting fixed (somehow) that Stark decided to try and fix himself. Argh! He is Iron Man! With iron shrapnel in his chest! How dare they remove it!

CardiacLiberty said 10 years, 2 months ago:

Yeah, I agree with Skittles. There’s really no need to ‘fix’ Tony Stark’s shrapnel problem. In fact, by treating it as a character flaw that needs to be fixed undermines the existence of the problem in the first place. It’s a symbolic metaphor that even with a heart problem, he still has a heart.

And you know, with the third Iron Man movie, my problem with it isn’t only with the Mandarine, but also the overall pacing of the film. First, there’s the trite villain backstory (The Incredibles’ Syndrome, hello?). Then, there’s rather a lack in character development. From the trailer, I was honestly expecting a character-redemption kind of movie where he questions his own morality like in the second movie (which I liked quite a bit, by the way, despite the poor execution). Instead, I got a ‘fun’ buddy-cop movie that’s supposed to be paying homages to old buddy-cop movies or something, I guess. Yeah, look, Shane, this isn’t Kiss Kiss Bang Bang or Lethal Weapon. Please remove your homage-obsessive compulsion from an important instalment like this.

lunaLizA said 9 years, 11 months ago:

I have a love/hate feeling about Iron Man 3 also. I really hated the scene where Ben Kingsley who was playing the “Mandarin” or so us, the audience thought and he turns out to be an actor… Like seriously Marvel/Disney?…. That scene just killed the vibe of the movie in general. What i love is Tony showing more and more of his feeling towards Pepper in this film. The action was fantastic though..