blackdog said 10 years, 11 months ago:

This group has 24 members, no posts, and an admin who seems to be MIA so I figured I’d kick the forum off.

If you’re in a group called “faith” it’s a fair assumption you possess or are possessed by some form of religion so here’s the icebreaker (god how I hate those): What religion do you worship, fun fact about it, and what is one teaching from your religion that you think will help people on this site?

Robin said 10 years, 7 months ago:

i dont believe in organized religion….at all……i have been exposed to many of them , i have gone to church, etc etc….when i was a kid, and fast forward to now…..i dont have nor want a religion…i have my own belief …..il it faith….

MyNameIsKitty said 10 years, 3 months ago:

I am an Evangelical Free Christian.

Fun fact: The American branch of the Free Church recently allowed homosexual pastors to become ordained.

Helpful Teaching: There is light in even the darkest of places when you search.

Deleted User said 10 years, 2 months ago:

I’m a Muslim. Fun fact about the religion (to some at least) is that, contrary to what people often think, we love and admire Jesus Christ (pbuh). Many are surprised by that, but to us he is both Prophet and Messiah (end-of-times Messiah). Helpful teaching (more specifically for this group): the believe in freedom of religion: “To you be your religion, to me be mine.” (Qur’an 109:6). Of course there are many more helpful teachings, most of which are shared by other religions as well.

blackdog said 10 years, 1 month ago:

Wow! I thought this thread was a bust. Cool to see it’s picking up almost a year later.

I am a Jew.
Fun fact: Rabbinic Judaism was the first legal system to provide mandatory alimony in case of divorce.
Helpful teaching: “There is a right time for everything under the sun: A time to be born, a time to die; a time to plant, a time to uproot …” (Ecclesiastes 3:1)