purplepoison said 10 years, 6 months ago:

My parents divorced when I was barely a year old, mainly due to my mother going insane and cheating on him after her mother died. She divorced my 1st stepfather when I was 8 or 9, and married another man soon after and then divorced him when I was 16.

Deleted User said 10 years, 6 months ago:

I was about 5 or 6 when my parents split up. It’s pretty fuzzy, although I know neither me nor my sister were blamed; it just happened. It was very hard at first and still is a bit with scheduling and all that. But I count one thing that I have gained from it and that was the new family members that love me

wishmaker1240 said 10 years, 6 months ago:

I was only three years old, but my brothers were 1 and the other was only a few months old…

I've waited said 10 years, 6 months ago:

I have to tell you, a lot of people think that it’s easier when the kids can’t remember, but honestly, it just leaves them to wonder. My parents divorced when i was 9 months old and i have always been left to wonder if it was me that split them up. they are both incredibly happy now and i wouldnt want it any other way and i cant see them together. however, you are always left to wonder if they split up over you, no matter how many times they reassure you that you werent.

Nubley said 10 years, 5 months ago:

My parents did it at the worst time. I was nine, when I was old enough to understand what was going on, but young enough to be hurt. Badly. I had to go to a terribly snobby girls house every day during then because i couldnt care for myself, and she would always tease me about it and complain how “hard” her life was. It scarred me forever.

caity said 10 years, 5 months ago:

I was 13 when they divorced. Already a bad age to go through but the divorce pushed me to the edge. It was messy. I still havent seen my father since and its been four years.

YouCanCallMePal said 10 years, 5 months ago:

My parents divorced when I was 3 and my sister was 5. My mom was pregnant with another man’s baby(my half brother) before the divorce was even started.

Deleted User said 10 years, 5 months ago:

My mom kicked my dad out when I was 2. Then she met my stepdad. When I was 11 they got married. At 14 they divorced. On the day the divorce was finalized they got back together. They’re still together. I’m 23 now.

It’s really weird. And do I ever want to get married? FUCK NO!

natalierose said 10 years, 4 months ago:

I was 8, but they might as well have been for as long as I’ve lived. My father was never around when I was growing up. He doesn’t really know me. So visitation has been hell, and with my social anxiety, I can’t very well stand up for myself. My parents are still in court, too, ten years later, fighting over child support (my dad has underpaid) and supporting my brother with autism.

TheLifeGiving said 9 years, 2 months ago:

I was 5 years old. My father had a drinking problem and stopped when I was 4 years old. He then got boring and that was one of the reasons they got a divorce. I don’t remember much of it just that one time I heard them fighting and I went downstairs to see what was going on.

Kirsten said 8 years, 8 months ago:

I was 8 when they officially divorced but they split up when i was 7 and it was hell. I recommend getting a divorce before the age of three or after the child is in college. Any age between that, they get attached to the parents and often blame themselves for the reason of divorce (like i did) and then they will grow up with all this bottled up anger.

Allison said 8 years, 5 months ago:

I was 10, my sister was 14, and my brother was 5. It was hell. 9 years later and no one is over it. My parents still fight all the time. and no one is happy.