Deleted User said 9 years, 10 months ago:

I really like the idea of this group, which makes me wonder: what is your major? What do you plan to do with your degree?

I’m studying psychology with a concentration in mental health. My plan is to go to medical school and (hopefully) become a psychiatrist.

adogsheart said 9 years, 10 months ago:

I’m majoring in sociology. I’m interested in becoming a social worker. Maybe I should minor in psychology? I haven’t decided yet.

Kate said 9 years, 10 months ago:

Computer Science. I would like to minor in Psychology too, but that would extend my undergrad from 5 to 6/7 years. I think I’ll just read a lot of Psych books.

MellowYellow said 9 years, 10 months ago:

Business Administration with a minor in Human Services to someday work for my State Government in the sector of promoting cultural diversity or the well-being of Asian-Pacific people.

euphie_x said 9 years, 10 months ago:

Another Psycho here haha

Current Bachelor of Science with a double psychology major so I can qualify for post-grad.
I have zero intention of going into clinical practice.
I’ve changed my mind tonnes along the way, I live in Australia and my university is really flexible about changing courses, taking leave and giving credits from completed units.

It’s taken awhile to get here though.
2007: finish high-school, torn between sciences or humanities. Choose science. At the absolute last minute changing to a Commerce and Communication Studies (digital media) double degree.

2009: Enroll in uni, selected majors are:
- marketing
- investment finance
- English
- anthropology

2010: Change to a B.Commerce and B.Arts, selected majors are:
- marketing
- investment finance
- psychology

2011: Change to LLB and B.Commerce, selected majors are:
- law
- investment finance
- corporate finance

*was approached to study honours in linguistics and philosophy in this time*

2012 and 2013 – full time work & hospital

2014: change to B.Science, selected majors are:
- Psychological Science
- Psychology in Society

2 semesters left and my bachelors is finished and hopefully I’ll go onto honours… if I don’t change my mind… again.

euphie_x said 9 years, 10 months ago:

Here’s a question, psychology majors, are you here for yourself or are you here for others (and a taste of what may be in your future)?

Kate said 9 years, 10 months ago:

I changed my mind a lot too, so you’re not alone there. I started off in Fall 2008 working toward a Biology major, then in 2010 switched over to a Sociology major. I went backpacking across Europe in summer of 2011 and when I came back to school fell into a depression that lasted about a year and a half, causing me to drop out of school. I’m on my feet now, working on my current degree, about a semester into it so far.

tiffany said 9 years, 10 months ago:

Psychology. I plan on going into the public school system afterwards and counseling. I hate how kids with mental illnesses are treated within public school systems and i wish to change that

Augustine said 9 years, 9 months ago:

Criminal Justice! Ever since I was little, I love super heroes and the closest to one is a police officer or EMT.

historygirl said 9 years, 9 months ago:

History and Museum Studies with concentrations in Art History and Communications

Miss Cupcakeface said 9 years, 9 months ago:

I’m a Psychology major too, and planning to do a masters in Public Health. Specifically looking into Health Promotion and Education.

@euphie_x

I suppose I did psychology mostly to help others, but it’s also interesting to think about myself using certain psychology concepts…

Deleted User said 9 years, 5 months ago:

Dual qualification in General Nursing and Paediatrics, final year. Planning a masters in developmental or child psychology/mental health as soon as I can save enough,can’t bring myself to stay in nursing!

Deleted User said 9 years, 5 months ago:

Oddly enough, Chemical Engineering. I still don’t know how it happened.

Loren said 9 years, 5 months ago:

Pre-law! Still teeter-tottering between the sectors of family or corporate law, though.