felonious-thespian said 9 years ago:

I’ve learned to love myself. Not just for my accomplishments (Which seem to be through the roof lately), but also through feeling good.

I don’t always eat healthy, nor do I work out regularly, but I’m just a big girl and I am proud of it. I’m curvy, smart, pretty, funny, and everything that I make myself to be. I could be anything.

As younger children we all think “I could be a…” and that changes so much as we get older. A rockstar, a princess, a singer, the president, exc.

When did that stop? When did we start telling kids “You CAN’T be whatever you want.”

Well…. I take it back. I WILL be whatever I want.

I want to be awesome.

Rain said 9 years ago:

It’s good that you’ve learned to love yourself. You’re going in the right direction. You can achieve anything you believe in. With a positive attitude like that, you’ll get far in your life.

big pipsqueak said 9 years ago:

You are awesome :) . I’m happy that you love yourself irrespective of your physical appearance and weight. I have to learn how to do that :/

BeWellRabbit said 9 years ago:

Damn right, you will! Keep focusing on the things you CAN do and it will just snowball from there. The more you CAN do now, the more you WILL do later. You’re already awesome!

Deleted User said 9 years ago:

@katiebug626 throw some confidence this way! I would love to hear about how you’ve overcome the negative thoughts. I am so jealous that you are so positive and strong and would love to learn how to have a similar attitude. :]

tiny_pain said 9 years ago:

It’s nice to see people stand up and say “i am beautiful” but what if in reality ur not. how do You cope With that?

felonious-thespian said 8 years, 12 months ago:

Because beauty isn’t how you look. Beauty is in your confidence and the way you treat others. Beauty is how YOU want to be beautiful. I didn’t like who I was, so I changed it.

Yeah, you’re allowed to do that.

I cut my hair, started eating fruit for breakfast, cleaned my room, got organized, dance my everloving ass off to the songs I love…. I just let myself live. If people don’t like it, fine.

If you feel like a hot mess, like nothing is right, then get rid of the mess. Cut out the negative people, do your school work, fold your laundry, match your socks, and for gods sake clean your damn room…. Because after you’re not a mess…. all that’s left is bein’ hot ;)

I just stopped focusing on all the negative and what I CANT do, and started looking at what I CAN do.

I CAN talk to people that make me laugh. I CAN groove to the radio. I CAN hug my mom every day. I CAN tell people that I think are cute, “Hey, you’re really cute and I hope you have an AMAZING day!” because ether smile makes it worth it.

Life seems so much lighter and happier when you make other people smile, enjoy yourself, and just have a good time. I have a great time just driving down the road. I put all of the windows down, sing to the people next to me at stop lights, and just GROOVE. I read cute books and talk to my partner about things that make me smile. FOR EXAMPLE:

I have a habit of getting what the voice at the Starbucks drive through recommends.

A) It gives you an insight to what kind of person they are.

B) Its their favorite drink. They don’t mess up something they probably make ALL THE TIME.

However, today, the barista manning the window was possibly the cutest girl I have ever seen in my life. 10/10 would get a trillion Caramel Macchiatos just to see her again.

But the best part is that when I told her, “Hey, I think you’re beautiful. Have an amazing day.” (Cause life is too short to ignore beautiful people), the look she gave me was the most adorable thing in the world. She just looked so happy.
Everyone deserves to be happy. I’m glad I could make someone smile today.

If you ever REALLY need to smile, I want you to turn on any song, put you iPod on shuffle, I don’t care. But I want you turn on a song and sing it as loudly as you can in your best muppet impression.

10/10 will crack up laughing.

If you wanna love yourself? Start with being happy.