Alayna Clair said 10 years, 5 months ago:

So just so we all get to know each other better, I’d like to ask what brought everyone to Blahtherapy?

For me…. I struggle with issues with my mom. She abused me, physically and mentally, and I still struggle with it today. She was and still is an alcoholic and an abuser of prescription narcotics. Here recently, she’s attempted suicide.

What brought you here?

Oli said 10 years, 5 months ago:

I’m here to help people and make others feel better about themselves (hugs) I’m here for anyone who needs a friend or is in distress.

jeffory said 10 years, 5 months ago:

@Alayna, I can’t imagine not relying on family, that seems really hard. :(

I got uber depressed, wanting to off myself after a series of nasty events and self-pity. Got in a bad rutt of poor sleeping/eating, lost 25% of my body weight in a couple months (I was obese, so it’s cool).

Got a bit of help from here, met some nice people but just sort of came to the realisation that I needed to grow up. Eventually worked through it on my own, used the body weight as motivation to get fit and started training for a marathon, haha.

Stayed to try my best to help others. :)

Iodine said 10 years, 5 months ago:

Most likely depression, I’m fortunate for me it’s never a severe case. I came here because It seemed like a friendlier social environment compared to other sights such as Reddit. It might sound a little cruel, but I get a little relief when reading about others in a similar position.

wednesday said 10 years, 5 months ago:

I’ve got a lot of experience with mental illness, having lived most of my life with a paranoid schizophrenic. I’m primarily a listener, and when people vent about mental illness I often have situations I can use to relate.

Staceylou said 10 years, 5 months ago:

I’ve had issues with depression, insomnia and anxiety for a long time, I remember scrolling through Tumblr during one of my sleepless nights and saw a post about this website.

Came here, signed up and started answering questions and using this website as a place to vent when others are asleep or I don’t want to hassle others.

Deleted User said 10 years, 5 months ago:

i needed to vent/ talk to online psych, and it just sort of came up on google.

NightowlNinjabear :) said 10 years, 5 months ago:

I came here to also vent and try to help others. I deal with anxiety, bipolar, and depression. This past year has been really hard on me. I found this on pintrest and thought I take a look and joined and I so far like it. It seems like a good place to go when I feel like I can go no other place. I am a bit estranged with my family since my mothers passing..and the only people I am ever around is my husband and my 5 month old. My husband tends to cause a great deal of stress and tends to make me have more bipolar breakdowns than anything else.

Noel said 10 years, 5 months ago:

I have self-image and trust issues. I don’t have anyone to talk to. It’s weird that I can trust a website full of strangers more than I can trust my friends and family.

Anyway, I have trouble making friends, meeting and talking to women, and just dealing with the stress, anger, and depression I feel. I just want to find true support before any of these problems completely devour me.

trier said 10 years, 5 months ago:

I have severe procrastination and focus problems. I’m in grad school, and can’t stick to a schedule. I keep getting distracted and confused, but I’ve learned a lot since I started here and I am really hopeful that it’ll get a lot better :) .

You guys are all wonderful people. Whether you’re here to help, or be helped. You’re all doing great. To those going through problems in life, big hugs to you. And to those helping others, big hugs to you as well!!

<3<3<3<3

wanhin. said 10 years, 5 months ago:

I came to this site after seeing a link posted on 4chan. They had a plan to openly mess with people genuinely seeking help. I thought I’d visit this site just to see what might transpire in my fit of boredom.

So I came, chimed in as a listener, and surprisingly found myself giving sound advice to a random stranger with a relationship problem. But oddly, hearing that I’ve actually helped this stranger somewhat made me a little happier inside.

Cheesy, I know.

And so here I am. Hope I’m welcome to the community.

Oh you’re more than welcome @wanhin!!! It does feel good to help others, doesn’t it? Its the little things that really make this world a better place!!

Deleted User said 10 years, 5 months ago:

I guess the days that I felt really bad are over now, but I had to cope with everything all on my own. I just want to avoid that anyone has to go to a difficult time all by themselves.

enigmatic octopus said 10 years, 5 months ago:

@wanhin I came for the same reason haha and wound up staying. I had a preconceived notion that the people venting were going to be whining but I found that that was not the case and I realized how much I liked helping others. So now I have joined because why not? I’m not really a fan of social media these days but I like this site.