Deleted User said 10 years ago:

As an Atheist and living in a 98% Roman Catholic country, I often feel like i`m living in the shadow of a huge religion. Whenever I go abroad to (supposedly) developed and highly influential countries, I feel lost but still in the shadow of world religions. Being an Atheist is not something you might want to tell a person who believes in Islam or a Christian, even if they live in a moderate and developed country. Does anyone ever feel the same way?

imdown said 10 years ago:

I live in california, and california is one of those rare places in which religion and atheism live fairly harmoniously, sometimes even meshing together to create something totally different alltogether. where I live many atheists either attend or have attended some religious event, and many have had religious studies. On the other hand many of the religious tend to be a lot more accepting and willing to hear out what atheists believe.

There are still a lot of flaws and there are still small hints of intolerance but it’s nothing more than an awkward situation or an uncomfortable silence.

I have an equal amount of religious and atheist friends, and a lot of friends who are something in between. it’s actually pretty nice. Sometimes we all go out to drink and we have these really fun religious debates that really test us and it’s always a good time with them.

Deleted User said 9 years, 2 months ago:

Such a shame, the user is deleted.

I feel the same way, man. People of religion can be abusive to non-believers.

Deleted User said 9 years, 2 months ago:

Tell me about it… my mother was bad enough before she found Jesus in a box of wine. After she got religion it’s been 10x worse.