Brooke said 10 years, 2 months ago:

Why does it hurt so much to let somebody go? Is it because we can’t face the reality? Or is it because maybe we realize we should have never held on in the first place?
What do you think?

Danielle said 10 years, 2 months ago:

Honestly it hurts to let people go because that means there would be change. Humans tend to stick to the things they know, and prefer to be comfortable. It’s hard letting another person go because you connect on an emotional level with them, and sometimes that is hard to do with other people. Sometimes, you feel as though nobody else really connects with you, and you don’t look at the big picture.
The fact is, there are plenty of people out there that could make us just as happy as the person did that you’re trying to let go of. However, people only focus on the present, not what could possibly be out there for them.

Brooke said 10 years, 2 months ago:

thats so true

inkhryptedQuery said 10 years, 2 months ago:

I tend to think that change is neither painful nor pleasurable. It has the potential to be both. If you won a million dollars, that wouldn’t be so painful but it would be very changing.

Letting go of someone means that you grabbed on. It means you attached in the first place. When you attach to someone, you become a part of them and they become a part of you. Like a new hand or a new leg.

Letting go is erasing memories that have not yet happened. It’s putting hopeful desires and saying that you’re not going to see if they might have happened or not.

Letting go is cutting off a branch of life that you never got to see the end of. That you might always imagine, but will never get to know. Losing support and Love you could have had if this world were just a little better.

Letting go hurts because of hope. That’s why it feels like you should keep holding on in the present because there could be a future. Which makes it hurt even more

S said 10 years, 2 months ago:

When you connect with someone, they form a link with your heart that can’t be broken so easily. Sometimes they grow so close to you, become so entwined with your life, that they become a part of you. You wouldn’t cut off part of your body and expect it to be painless. I suppose severing a bond with someone you love is similar. And that’s why it can be just as painful, if not more.

MiracleBeliever said 9 years, 11 months ago:

I’m going through this right now. It’s hard. I don’t want to let him go because somewhere in my heart I still have hope that things could be different. But I’ve realized how tired I am of being let down by him so many times. I think we will both be better if we let go of each other. I know it’s the best thing to do. But it hurts because although we have many arguments we also have good moments together. I wish I could get him back but I’ve tried for so long and things are only getting worst. So at least I’m at peace knowing I never failed, I was there for him when he needed me and I was loyal. Maybe it’s just a matter of time. If he’s meant to be with me he will be no matter the time. For now I need to keep walking and if we cross paths again nice; if not I know I will find someone who deserves me and appreciates me for who I am.