Deleted User said 9 years, 5 months ago:

What do you prefer and why? I like manga. Because I like to read. And also many anime are based on manga, so manga are just more original. And it’s quicker to read a manga than to watch an anime eps.

blue said 9 years, 5 months ago:

Usually manga :) Agree with everything you said and the art is usually prettier too. Sometimes I’ll watch the anime cuz I wanna see it in motion and stuff :3

I prefer to watch anime. Usually because online manga is a pain to read and I could finish a manga book in an hour : But it’s nice to read the manga for the art (:

I also prefer manga for the reason that it’s the work of one author. Totally original, while anime productions involve producers, directors studio heads,writers… So anime do not cover the whole story.

But that doesn’t mean I hate anime or I don’t watch them. I love them too, I like to read the subs while listening to the characters, it help learning Japanese. I also appreciate the seiyuu’s work, I’m amazed how one seiyuu can voice too many characters with different tones. and furthermore, anime have soundtracks, openings, endings and characters theme songs.. that’s super cool too.

Llamageddon said 9 years, 5 months ago:

Music adds a lot to everything, and voice acting also does. Some anime are mutated versions of the originals(and the original ones are often very bad), but all in all, I would say I choose anime, for said reasons. Manga can be awesome, but it’s so hard to find anything good. Feels like there’s literally perhaps few dozens of good ones out there.

icychoco said 9 years, 5 months ago:

anime! i like to see the action with all its colors and liveliness ^^ but manga is more detailed when it comes to its story and dialogues..

Red Sheep said 9 years, 5 months ago:

It depends. I always prefer reading the manga over the anime if it comes from a manga, but sometimes when they suggest me the anime, and I discover later that it actually comes from a manga, I just read it later. For example, two year ago I started One Piece. I saw all the episodes of the anime, and only after I started reading the manga. :P

Also, there are anime that comes before the manga, or maybe it doesn’t even exist. I like both, that’s what I mean.

Both have their good qualities. I might go for anime because of the music, sound, colours, motion.

what are your #1 favorite manga/anime? :)