Deleted User said 10 years, 6 months ago:

Hi there,
I’m wondering if you guys are interested in writing/reading fanfiction about your favorite Anime(s), too? Cause I love that stuff :) !

There are freakin’ talented writers out there and their fics sometimes are even better than the original Anime and I could spend every night reading their fics without interruption (instead of spleeping :P )!
Besides, I’m writing an own fic, my very first one, a multichapter thingy, I’ve uploaded chapter 10 some weeks ago, but I can’t kick my butt hard enough to start writing the next chapter (cause I know I gotta do some research first and collect some background info and… bleeeehh… no motivation available thus far :P ).

Well… anyway… so, do you guys also read or write fanfiction? If yes, why do you do so, what do you like best about it, what’s your opinion about Own Characters, are you into yaoi or a shipper of dunno-who or do you prefer friendship stories?

There are thousands of things I could talk about when it comes to those topics!
Looking forward to your replies! :)

Valeska said 10 years, 6 months ago:

I read sometimes… been following a few Harry Potters and stuff. One of my friends is actually working on a fan fic himself, I will try to get him to join blah therapy and join this thread :)

I totally support own characters, but what I love the most, is how my friend take characters from books and add dimensions to them without taking away their character we developed from the actual story. I am not much of a writer! I want to be though, I am contemplating a possible fan fiction mysel. I’ve been wanting to do a sequel to Dino Crisis 2 for sometime.

You got to dig deep and find that motivation :) . Bless us all with your words haha :)

Oh gosh, yes… like when the writer really really stays in character with each single description and just adds so much more… idk… personality to that person and everything’s just so in line with what you know about that character thus far and it just makes him/her so much more “human” in a way… yup, I love it SO MUCH when an author is able to do that! :) :) :)

Thx hun, I know my motivation is hiding somewhere, let’s see where I put it ;) … actually, in my mind, I’ve already outlined the overall plot of my next chapter, all I need to to is SIT DOWN, do my research and then WRITE IT :P .
(Btw. It’s an Avatar: The Last Airbender fic, mainly about Zuko and my OC, but just a friendship thingy ;) … Hurt/Comfort/Friendship, to be precise.)
But well… at least I have an excuse, as English is not my native language (but nevertheless I was crazy enough to start writing an English fic!)… and writing sooooo many words using a real good style and proper grammar and correct wording all the time… can really be A PAIN, honestly *sighs* ;) .

Good luck for your own fanfiction though, I keep my fingers crossed for you! :)

That’s so cool! Where are you from? That should certainly help build your english vocabulary too! :) Haha, fear not even us who speak english fluently have to dedicate time to fixing our grammar and spelling haha.

I’ve not seen the last Airbender though, I want to! It looked pretty good!

Yaaaaayyy, go watch it (but PLEASE go for the Anime sereies! Don’t even TRY to find out about that movie… just… DON’T :P !!)! You NEED to get to know Zuko, EVERYONE needs to get to know him actually… plus he deserves a gold medal just for being the person he is :D !
Yup, writing that fic DOES improve my English skills, indeed :) ! And it’s such a cool way to improve, cause then you do it because your really WANT TO, cause you want your fic to sound professional and stuff ;) … and you don’t learn it just because you have to :P .

Learning must be fun, then we really take something from it :)

Oh, I am not into Anime! Don’t even know how to start looking for it haha.

Ok ;) … well… but that movie really is incredibly crappy compared to the original cartoon, honestly.

But damn, seems like we’re getting a little OT here, right :S. I sent you a friendship request, so…! :)

Ah okay let me check. Maybe I will liek the movie since I don’t have high expectations like you guys would :)

Deleted User said 10 years, 5 months ago:

I’m actually an author myself. I mostly write yaoi to be hoenst and i understand your dilema; my first upload was a mulit-chapter story over SasuNaru and I can’t hoestly find the motivation to keep going! OC’s are pretty cool. I have my own couple that hang out with some of my stories and they just add to it. The hard part is not making them the main focus of the story- I can’t take that. They are meant mostly to highlight or help out the main character(s) for the story of whatever you write or read. Right? I love going on FanFiction, i go on it just about every single day. Mind telling me your account username? If not, it’s totally cool! ^-^

Well… my OC actually is me ;) . Nah, not really, of course there’s a lot of stuff I made up for the fic and that’s NOT me. But to be honest, the basic idea of my fic was – who would I be if I could kind of get to their universe and play my part in the overall story… how would I fit in there and what would I like to do and stuff :) . And so I guess my fic is pretty OC centric… um… but still I hope I did NOT write her like such a Mary Sue person, cause that wasn’t my intention o.O…!

Oh gosh and I’m STILL procrastinating my next chapter, haven’t uploaded anything for aaaaages, gaaaaahh… :P !!!
My name on ff.net is sub.C :)

I have a chapter I haven’t gotten to touch for months- almost a year- and I’m pretty sure my followers hate me now X3 But cool! I’ll totally have to read some on yours! If you see Angel say comment, it’s probably me~

Yaaaaaayyy, thanks hun :) ! Well, I finally decided to add an “on hiatus” remark to my overall fic summary, cause I seriously think I won’t continue my story until maybe around Christmas, when I got some days off of work :P . But at least (according to my traffic stats) I have almost no readers anyway, so at least it’s not like there are a lot of people who are waiting for me to update, so… yeah. ;)

TheNextAvenger said 10 years, 5 months ago:

Hi! I love fanfiction, and read two that have made me cry, they were so touching! If you could find any more that you think might make me cry, please send them to me! You can find the contest on my profile at https://www.fanfiction.net/account/profile.php
I mostly like Hetalia fanfics, and I LOVE Romano!!!
*squeals like the fangirl I am*
Thanks!

Oh hun that link doesn’t work ;) . Or at least, when I click it, it opens the page where I can change MY profile. Um… which was NOT what you wanted, I guess… o.O
(And there are sooooooo many fics that I know that I’m convinced of they’d make EVERYONE cry :P … but they’re FMA fics…! Gosh there was that one story that made me cry so much and killed me SO BAD that I couldn’t sleep the whole night and the next morning I seriously felt like I had a hangover and I needed two painkillers for my headache and to make me move my butt out of my bed and into the office :P . Wow. That was… scary, actually… wow. ô.O)

Katie said 9 years, 10 months ago:

I write and I’ve been told that, and I’m quoting verbatim, “You wrote what I wanted to read.” So I suppose I’m fairly good.