Deleted User said 10 years ago:

One day I’m hoping to be a vet. I’m 17 and I’m working really hard in bio and chem and my other courses to become a vet someday. I’ve just always wanted to help people and animals and I really want this to happen. Does anybody have any advice for this? ANYTHING would really be appreciated so much!

Hannah said 9 years, 11 months ago:

I’m in school to become a vet tech. I’m glad you’re working really hard in bio and chem, they’re very important classes for this degree. Something I recommend is (what I did) to volunteer at your local animal shelter to get as much exposure to animals as possible. The more the better! I actually got the opportunity to be an intern for the animal behavior team at the animal shelter, I’m sure there are awesome internships available for you that would surely help (and look good on your experience).

Mellow Mallow said 9 years, 6 months ago:

Hannah’s reply is really helpful. I would aslo recommend getting exposure to/research animals you might not normally see, like farm animals such as horses, etc, so you can care for a wide range of people’s pets and animals. There are so many options for veterinarians with regards to clinic practice, mobile work, zoo work – get lots of experience and try whatever you can.