Deleted User said 8 years, 11 months ago:

I had a very difficult situation with my babygirl Cali (my dog) and boyfriend which caused me to break up with him. Im a huge animal lover, i even want to purse in being a vet. well i was living with my bf and my mom was taking care of my dog for about a year and it was time for me to take care of my own dog. my boyfriend doesnt really care for animals, especially small dogs. he only likes big dogs. my family and i keep our dogs inside and my bf and his family keep dogs outside, theyre not allowed inside. and i didnt want my dog sleeping outside at night and he didnt want her inside so i ended up leaving him and now were back together but not living together again. now he wants us to get our own place alone and accepts my dog sleeping inside and being inside in general. but the only problem now is i dont know if i should be with someone who doesnt have that passion for animals, like i do. i love him and have been with him for 2 yrs and a half but i dont know if i want to continue being with him. well this isnt the only reason for its one of the biggest issues we have. and the worst thing is that i dont know if i feel secure with leaving him alone with my dog. idk what to do.

rinseandrep said 8 years, 11 months ago:

I don’t know, if someone likes chess a lot, they can date someone who doesn’t like chess, they’ll just enjoy chess with friends instead.

But it’s opinable, you say he doesn’t have a passion for animals just because he doesn’t like the idea of a dog peeing/pooping around he house, barking while he eats something, leaving fur around? He seems to like animals alright as long as he gets his living quarters to be animal-free, and it’s reasonable, sometimes dogs can be annoying, specially if spoiled. I can see how one could project over this a dislike for having children with you though (messy, noisy)), but it’s just a projection.

Would you be perfectly happy about your relationship if we took out the dog thing altogether?

If you saw him being cruel to animals and worry because of that, then I guess it’s ok to worry.

I don’t consider a pet just to be a pet. its family. so an animal can’t be compared to chess. I understand where he comes from with all that but sometimes he takes it to another level. i’ve seen him kick a dog so hard, the poor thing didnt get up for a few minutes, it broke my heart because i love a person who did that and i didnt even know he was capable of doing that. no i wouldn’t be happy but those issues can be worked on, and i don’t know about this tho.

Reading about what he did to that dog makes my heart rate shoot through the roof. Unless it was in self-defense, that is extremely unacceptable behaviour. I wouldn’t be able to stay with a man who did something like that. Serious anger issues shouldn’t be overlooked. Has he ever been violent or abusive in any way towards you?

@missfortune Thats how i felt and wanted to kill him (not literally), i just cried cause i’ve never seen him like that towards a dog. it was his own family’s dog and the dog was just happy to see me and i guess my bf got irritated. if i had known that he was like that before we started dating then i would of never been with him but this was almost 2 years into our relationship. i know it shouldnt, thats why im having a difficult time. he’s very verbally abusive. he told me he would talk to someone like go to classes but he hasnt done it.

I can see you have trouble leaving this verbally abusive relationship, like many probably have already suggested you.
How do you feel about putting living together aside, until you see some concrete proof that he’s making the effort to change?

@rinseandrep the problem with that is that im living in a diff. state from him. at this moment. so i wouldnt be able to witness any or his effort or change. thats why he wants to get our own place so i move back.

Maybe that’s not your problem, but his problem, to be able to prove to you he’s making efforts. Like it’s so hard to ask a private/group counselor if his girlfriend can call to check if he’s going.

well we don’t have any experience with any of that, so even i wouldnt know if i can do that. i mean if its private and the counselor wouldnt tell me anything. i’d like to go together either way.

Sparkles said 8 years, 10 months ago:

I had a roommate who doesn’t like dogs, but he didn’t mind. So when he moved in, I never thought he would do such a thing. He kicked my dog and yes I saw it. I threw him out immediately. No one is allowed to touch my fur babies, they are my babies, period

Kathrine said 8 years, 9 months ago:

Honestly im just claping for you right now . Im an animal lover . And you girl deserve a hi 5 for standing up for your dog but i just think you guys can talk it off go on compromise and find your way to be together and to have cali by yourside .