Norma Hernandez aka “La Borreguita” said 10 years, 5 months ago:

I know it’s only 8 years, how do you guys get along with 15+ age gaps, I’d like to know?

Wanderingmind said 10 years, 5 months ago:

Me and my boyfriend are 14 years apart, we have our adjustments we have to deal with but we handle it ok at times.

chaser said 10 years, 5 months ago:

my father is married to a much younger girl, and i judged it..only to find myself doing the same. i have to say people look and i know what they are wondering. but the good thing is, i can choose not to get that affect me. if they are bugged about it, that’s their problem. as long as i am not doing any direct harm to them. i’m sure they’re partly afraid that when their youth is gone, they might be replaced with someone younger. but! we all grow old. and all relationships seem to have ‘something’ that needs working on if its going to handle the test of time. but i consider every day i am with him a celebration that through the years, we have made things work. time continues to test us, and has strengthened us. btw, its not like i stole him from someone, i think that’s one of their thoughts. :p

Broken 1 said 10 years, 5 months ago:

My husband is 8 years older then me. It’s ok. I always tease him and tell him he’s robbing the cradle.

Deleted User said 10 years, 4 months ago:

I’m also in a “relationship” with someone 8 years older. Most of the time, it makes no difference. The only thing is that it kind of makes us laugh sometimes when he refers to something and expects me to know what he’s talking about, and I have to tell him “nope, too young to remember that”. Also, it is neat in a way because he’s very helpful with my college/career planning and coursework when I need it.

Blackpea said 10 years, 3 months ago:

well, my love is 24 years older.. we had been doing fine all the time.
older guys could lead you at times when you faces difficulties , and they were more emotionally mature and mentally mature
having a stable income and career its a credit too.
you’ll feel safe when he is around knowing that he had the strength to pull you up when you’re down in dumps..
Besides, older man that had in serious relationship before know how to treat his girl better.. (more likely becuz he dont want to lose his girl like how he loses his ex)
For my case, my man is my mentor, he taught me a lot of things, including academic stuffs, in work or in life.
He is sensitive to my emotions too.. ^^

As long as you both spend more time understanding each other (DONT EVER BE SELF CENTRE), you’ll could work it out.. man ned love, attention, and care. though they dint show. Being a strong man doesn’t means that he’s a superman, he will ned a person to lean on when he is wound someday…

southern girl said 9 years, 11 months ago:

My biggest age gap was he was 39 and I was 17. Everything was fine until my mother messed my phone up on “accident”. We reconnected after I turned 18 was together 7 months then she did the same thing. One of the best relationships I ever been in.

Deleted User said 9 years, 11 months ago:

lol at younger girls, getting manipulated by older guys, like pls stop with the mentally and emotionally mature bullshit, be real for a sec, im a guy, so think from a guys perspective, its all about the game, personally if i was 30, id like them fresh too, like 30 year old women are hot, but they are such a minority..

and pps, at 30 to even think a 22 year old is worth something more in terms of being mature, like at 22 you are a fucking kid, im 22 btw;p

@limitless are you saying that most men want younger women, to have greater ‘control’ over them or to feel inferior?

@theclearmind from my eyes, i believe its for the “greater control” part, rather than find a true equal sometimes its easier to manipulate a girl/guy when they are levels of thinking below you in maturity and experience, hence making them dependent on you, in a way making them completely need you, and some guys need that kind of secuirty from their women, maybe they been dumped too many times, or been cheated on etc..
Some guys can only do them young girls for this reason, as they are not provided for, not settled in life, hell for most girls in college i know, i flash my car around and they are in, obviously it helps im a good guy, but i hope you see where my point of thinking comes in;p,there is reasoning in a persons subconscious behind everything, even to the people we are attracted to, whether we are aware it for not.
Another reason I think that has equal grounds, is the older male, is himself at the maturity of the girl who is his partner, hence he is a kid, and still needs to grow up, all is good, till one outgrows the other.

In some cases, it might truly work, but i wont delude myself into that, unless I have exhausted all viable options for a true equal in life, obviously considering I am a person who is capable of finding that, if not guess Id have to compromise like these men/women..

Akasha said 9 years, 11 months ago:

Age gap relationships can work, but they have their own unique challenges that most relationships don’t have to deal with. For that reason, many major age gap relationships don’t work. But if two people work at it enough, they can work very well.

Enoli said 9 years, 10 months ago:

I just got out of a relationship of 12 year age gap. I’m 20. I constantly felt like I had to act for him, be a late-twenties something girlfriend. He didn’t put that pressure on me, I did. I think these types of relationships CAN work, even though clearly mine did not (we also had distance working against us). It was refreshing, in a way, to have a different perspective on life. I enjoyed hearing about his childhood and learning from him, as he learned from me too (age makes you forget what it was like to be 20).

Quiet Wanderer said 9 years, 10 months ago:

When I was 19 I began a relationship with a man who was 46. It was a long distance relationship. We met online and talked and met each other. It was a good relationship for the most part. We connected and loved talking and seeing each other when we could. But the distance was huge and our relationship was a secret to most people. We tried to make it work for a while. We didn’t have any idea where the relationship was going, we just enjoyed the moment.

Deleted User said 9 years, 9 months ago:

It’s not a problem. My wife is 10 years older than me. If you love someone, you don’t have to worry about how old is she/he..

NotSafeForTwerk said 9 years, 9 months ago:

I had a girl who dated me and broke it off because she felt people would judge her for the age gap (she was 21 when I was 28) and was afraid her parents would disown her, so it is really a matter of preference.
Are you two able to relate? (I.E. have similar interests and hobbies to share in, similar maturity level) Do you both get what you want out of the relationship? (not talking sex here, but companionship wise) Are you both comfortable with your age gap, or (more importantly) with each other? It isn’t something that feels like one has more over the other (I.E. the relationship feels more parental than loving, for example).
If you are able to relate with interests and what not, if you both get what you want out of the relationship, and you have no issues with the age gap, who the hell cares? lol
As long as the age gap is legal, and your are both consenting adults that are happy with the other person, it shouldn’t matter.